About Me

My photo
Welcome I've been a very busy wife, mother, puppy sitter, wreath & silk floral designer for 25+ yrs. I've been interest in beautiful designs for as long as I remember. I've dreamed about having my own shop, where I can design & create pieces that are not only beautiful but unique & very colorful. That dream is now a reality! A huge thanks to my husband for donating office space for me, my son for all his help when needed & finally my daughter Melissa, a NYC Director of Marketing & Digital Media for teaching me about business, marketing & turning my hobby into a growing business. It started out just for family & friends, craft shows, open houses, now ETSY, eBay, twitter, & Facebook. Since I am now an official empty nester, I've expanded my business to decorating homes, business storefronts for the holidays, & staging homes for realtors. I really love what I do. I'll be happy to share my thoughts, decorating tips, creative ideas, my daily, sometimes crazy thoughts & adventures in the life of a mom, wife, floral/ holiday/home staging designer etc... Enjoy! Sandy

Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Happy Tuesday! Is it really???? Have a laugh on me :)

Well, today was another busy, crazy day..... the pool guy was coming early in the morning, 2 of my 3 dogs had to go to the groomers (I was embarrased to even take them... felt like an bad mother ;)  Had to leave poor Lola, the Pug, home alone.... she howled :(  Found out my son didn't get measured for his Tux for graduation ugggggggggg..... which, by the way is THIS Sunday, and had to go today.... oh and I forgot....all before I had to be at work for 3!  And so it began..... I attempt to remove Baby, the Poodle and Tasha, the Bischon from the sunroom... as I begin to put their leashes on Lola,  is patiently sitting there (which is not easy for her) for me to also put hers on.... she then realizes her leash isn't being snapped on :( so what does she do, she pulls her hanging leash from the shelf and drops it in front of me with that adorable pug mug staring at me and her curly tail wagging away.  I have attempted to take 3 of them at once before (crazy right???) and that's a whole other blog haha!  As I proceed to walk to the door, my little chubby darling starts biting my ankle and barking, realizing, she's staying home.  I quickly escaped only to hear her howling and crying as I run out the door with the other 2 dogs.... bad mother.....I drop them off, and surprisingly on time. Pool guy calls.... he's at my house almost done. Had my son go to get measured for his tux, by himself, (he is almost 19) ...feeling guilty anyway... bad mother yet again haha.... I had to get back to my house, but not before I realized I was passing the nursery where I usually treat myself to a rose bush or two or three.... you get the idea! My anniversary's tomorrow so....( I have a serious perennial addiction ;) found one, of course, a beautiful peachy yellow... just one because I had no time to look.. grabbed it and rushed to get home.... uh oh.... pool guy, sitting, sweating, and waiting for me.  Pay the bill...  Pool guy leaves.... I go into my house, you got it.... my phone rings.......  ( are you exhausted yet :)  the dogs are ready!!!  Hop back into the car pick up the dogs get back home and realize...... I have 15 minutes to get dressed and leave for work.... I really must live for this adrenaline rush thing because I actually made it to work on time.  Quite the accomplishment for today!!!!!  The pools opened, the dogs groomed, the son's tuxedo for graduation measured and ordered, even bought a rose bush for myself and work on time.....and believe it or not, came home from work, just a little exhausted.... haha....really hungry, to find that my husband surprised me and supper was waiting!  Ahhhhh.... So all in all it was really a happy, and very accomplished, exhausting, Tuesday and most importantly, Lola the Pug forgave me, ( I slipped her a bone ;) ......



PS. Back to wreaths and arrangements tomorrow.... day off!


Have a wonderful night!

Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment