About Me

My photo
Welcome I've been a very busy wife, mother, puppy sitter, wreath & silk floral designer for 25+ yrs. I've been interest in beautiful designs for as long as I remember. I've dreamed about having my own shop, where I can design & create pieces that are not only beautiful but unique & very colorful. That dream is now a reality! A huge thanks to my husband for donating office space for me, my son for all his help when needed & finally my daughter Melissa, a NYC Director of Marketing & Digital Media for teaching me about business, marketing & turning my hobby into a growing business. It started out just for family & friends, craft shows, open houses, now ETSY, eBay, twitter, & Facebook. Since I am now an official empty nester, I've expanded my business to decorating homes, business storefronts for the holidays, & staging homes for realtors. I really love what I do. I'll be happy to share my thoughts, decorating tips, creative ideas, my daily, sometimes crazy thoughts & adventures in the life of a mom, wife, floral/ holiday/home staging designer etc... Enjoy! Sandy

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Another New Beginning!

Hi and Welcome to my "first" blog!

Well, I have to be honest, I'm not really too computer savy and I tried to set up my first blog, not really sure how I got here haha! but here I am. :)  I have been designing silk floral and holiday wreaths, centerpieces, trees, swags, etc. for at least 10 years. I started out by making items for family and friends, then doing craft shows, to my own open houses at my local shop.  I recently, with my very supportive daughters' encouragment, and her computer expertise, opened up a shop on ETSY http://www.etsy.com/shop/SandyNewhartDesigns?ref=pr_shop) I really love doing what I do and have dreamed of opening up a shop of my own for so many years.  I decided to start with baby steps.  Little did I know that it does require quite a bit of work to get started the right way if I wanted to be successful.  But I'm encouraged and determined to succeed! It can be a little overwhelming at first but I'm starting to feel like I am getting the hang of it .......finally!!  If anyone would like to ask any questions on any of my items or what I do, or like to discuss or comment on any topic, please just feel free to post.  I am on twitter (www.twitter.com/sandynewhart) and my email is: sandynewhart@gmail.com.


Have a wonderful day!

Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment