About Me

My photo
Welcome I've been a very busy wife, mother, puppy sitter, wreath & silk floral designer for 25+ yrs. I've been interest in beautiful designs for as long as I remember. I've dreamed about having my own shop, where I can design & create pieces that are not only beautiful but unique & very colorful. That dream is now a reality! A huge thanks to my husband for donating office space for me, my son for all his help when needed & finally my daughter Melissa, a NYC Director of Marketing & Digital Media for teaching me about business, marketing & turning my hobby into a growing business. It started out just for family & friends, craft shows, open houses, now ETSY, eBay, twitter, & Facebook. Since I am now an official empty nester, I've expanded my business to decorating homes, business storefronts for the holidays, & staging homes for realtors. I really love what I do. I'll be happy to share my thoughts, decorating tips, creative ideas, my daily, sometimes crazy thoughts & adventures in the life of a mom, wife, floral/ holiday/home staging designer etc... Enjoy! Sandy

Thursday, April 14, 2011

So Nice to Wake up to Sunshine and the Birds Chirping......

Well, as you know, yesterday was truly a "Horrible No Good Very Bad Day" for me.... I went to bed early for a change, hoping to put an end to it...lol!  I woke up early this morning, rested, to see the sun shining so bright, the birds chirping, bunnies in the yard, my iris's popping up all over and my 3 dogs, Lola "the pug", Tasha and Baby (pictured below) waiting for me patiently to come and play... soooo sweet... I took a little craft break from my "marathons" til 2 sometimes 3 in the morning to just sleep and regroup, hoping to re-energize myself.  It was a good morning!


On my way to work I realized how beautiful the pastel blue sky was and I was suddenly inspired to do something I NEVER do, yes...make some of my arrangements and wreaths in beautiful soft pastels.  I ALWAYS use ALOT of color, because I associate it with such a cheery, happy, feeling!  In Monday's blog I talked about the 4 pieces of art I have from the artist Lynn Hayes, who inspired me to love and make my pieces very colorful, combining patterns and textures.  After really looking at the sky, and yes, I am still driving, I realized that pastels are very beautiful and soothing.  So..... Now when I go into my shop this weekend, it will be creating in a little bit different direction for me.  I'll have to change my music to something a little softer to create the atmosphere :)  other than Little Wayne, Ludacris, Ke$ha, (it is a $ sign) J Lo, Pit Bull.... well you get the idea,  to more subdued and relaxing and soft.  Hopefully it will not put me to sleep....haha!  


Then I was notified that my Little "Bunny Patch Collection" bunny tied with another artist, by vote, to win an Itunes gift card and free, yes "free" advertising from Kate @ allthingspaper as featured "Shop of the Week" for one week (Thanks Kate) and featuring a little tutorial on what I do.  You can check it out at:  http://allthingspaperblog.blogspot.com/

Also, and yes more good news to make up for the rotten day yesterday, Melissa at: sahetahscrazedwritings.blogspot.com/2011/04/my-upcoming-weekly-newsletter.html       e-mailed me and asked me if I would like to feature my Easter Sale in her new Newsletter coming out on Monday...along with pictures of my pieces.  Make sure you also check out her newsletter, she really is so sweet.


I finally got to work, the day went by fast, had some laughs, the sun was still shining, and to my surprise, no rain in sight.  My husband and I made another attempt at a AAA Yankee Game.  I was actually starting to get nervous at the nice day I was having, but trying to think positive.  The game was great, the cinnamon sticks were better, haha and boy was it cooollldddd! but the Yanks won :)


So......now back to serious crafting sessions, the fog has cleared, (for now) I'm inspired and ready to start creating again!  My goal is at least 5 new pieces before Monday, in pastels (I'll really try, can't promise about the music ;) and last but not least I was also asked to put my Easter and Spring items for sale in John Heinz Facility sometime early next week! I'm really excited about it! 


I'm busy but I'm rested and I'm ready!!!! Not such a bad day after all :)


PS. for your enjoyment puppy pictures included!



Enjoy your day!     Sandy




                                              This one is trouble haha :)

No comments:

Post a Comment