About Me

My photo
Welcome I've been a very busy wife, mother, puppy sitter, wreath & silk floral designer for 25+ yrs. I've been interest in beautiful designs for as long as I remember. I've dreamed about having my own shop, where I can design & create pieces that are not only beautiful but unique & very colorful. That dream is now a reality! A huge thanks to my husband for donating office space for me, my son for all his help when needed & finally my daughter Melissa, a NYC Director of Marketing & Digital Media for teaching me about business, marketing & turning my hobby into a growing business. It started out just for family & friends, craft shows, open houses, now ETSY, eBay, twitter, & Facebook. Since I am now an official empty nester, I've expanded my business to decorating homes, business storefronts for the holidays, & staging homes for realtors. I really love what I do. I'll be happy to share my thoughts, decorating tips, creative ideas, my daily, sometimes crazy thoughts & adventures in the life of a mom, wife, floral/ holiday/home staging designer etc... Enjoy! Sandy

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Catch Up Time!!

Hi there!  I haven't had much time to blog this weekend but it was so great having my family together for the holidays!  We actually got to see 4 (yes I said 4) AAA Yankee games and 2 of the days it was actually nice out haha.. Haven't worked on any new items yet but the great news is I decided to have a Mother's Day Sale at my shop http://www.etsy.com/shop/SandyNewhartDesigns?ref=pr_shop and I'm offering FREE SHIPPING until May 4th!  So if anyone is interested, now's the time to shop because it's something I can't do very often because many of my items are very full and heavy......so.... HAPPY SHOPPING!!!!!!

It is my day off today, and as usual I have many annoying errands to run.... One of the errands I have is to go to is my accupuncturist. Sounds scarey right? Well, I am petrified of needles and it took alot for me to say yes to my doctor but I trust him and so I went.  I almost panicked until the first one was in and I didn't feel it.....I thought "ok I can get through this".... so #2 #3 I kept counting, 15 needles uggggggggg.  I only slightly felt one, thank goodness, got covered with a mylar blanket, oh yes....on top of the needles, I was assured I wouldn't feel the pressure.... panicked again......ok blanket on didn't feel it.  I felt instant heat, ahhhh it was wonderful.  Not knowing what else to expect, the Dr. shuts off the lights, puts on spa music, are you sleeping yet :)  and walks out and says, "see you in an hour"!   I'm thinking.... really?? I can seriously do this.  So I close my eyes and zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz, out cold haha. An hour goes by lights go on, and he takes the needles out...I didn't want to go....he says see you next week :)  I walked out with a smile on my face knowing that I would be coming back for this wonderful pin sticking serenity that I was sooooo afraid of.  Oh and did it help my back, ummmm maybe for a day or two, but for that hour I was in such a quiet, warm place, conquering a fear, feeling I accomplished something, for my back, but for myself as well.  If you ever get a chance to do it I highly recommend it for whatever ails you or just to escape for a little while just for the relaxation!  Who knew?

PS Gotta go,  I have an appointment I'm actually looking forward to :)    blog later........


Have a great day!


Sandy

No comments:

Post a Comment